Friday, October 7, 2011

Angel Chicken (Crock Pot)



I made this once before and for some reason I did not love it.  Made it again and I loved it!  The chicken was super tender and very tasty.  I just tossed some steamed broccoli and pasta in the crock pot and tossed it up with the chicken.  The chicken is so tender it about falls apart when you touch it with a  fork.  I posted the original recipe with my changes listed after.  My kids all chowed this down. Who says easy can't be delicious!?


ANGEL CHICKEN
source: all over the internet, but my friend Mel first told me about it

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4-6 skinless, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
  • 4-6 ounces cream cheese with chives (I only had plain and added 4 chopped scallions and 1 tsp onion powder)
  • 1 pound pasta (angel hair is suggested as the name suggests, but I did penne)
DIRECTIONS:

Turn the crock pot on.  Put the butter and cream cheese in and let them melt for about 15 minutes.  Dump in the wine, canned soup, Italian dressing packet and mix until well combined.  Add the chicken and let cook on high for 3 hours or low 4-5 hours. (I must have a really hot crock pot, because mine cooked in 2 hours on high, so I turned it to low for the next hour.)  Add some sauteed mushrooms or steamed broccoli if desired and serve with pasta or rice.  Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment