Saturday, November 26, 2011

Eggnog Waffles


Eggnog is one of those things you want to have every holiday season, but  can never drink the whole carton before it goes bad.  This is a great way to use some of it up!  Tis the season!

I love the smell of eggnog, but can't seem to choke it down.  I think it is a texture thing for me.  But I love the "idea" of eggnog, and the smell.  I wanted to try it in a breakfast dish, so I came up with an eggnog waffle.  I loved these. . . even without syrup.  I love that I could taste the eggnog in each bite!  In these,  I used lowfat eggnog, but you could use pumpkin eggnog, or whatever!  


EGGNOG WAFFLES


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups eggnog (I used lowfat)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 TSBP sugar
  • 2 large eggs - beaten
  • 4 TSBP butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg

DIRECTIONS:

In a bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
In a seperate bowl, mix together eggnog, eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter until well mixed.   Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. Cook waffles in well-greased preheated waffle iron until deep golden brown.  These seemed to rise a lot, just fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment