I made this for a Christmas staff party that I was hosting. I bought some of the chocolate dessert cups from Walmart and used a cookie scoop to fill them. It was delicious!!
Source: Taste of Home (but not sure)
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup light or dark corn syrup (I used light)
- 2 cups whipping cream (divided)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (Nabisco chocolate wafers are best)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- grated chocolate, chopped notes, whipped cream and maraschino cherries for garnish (Optional)
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the regular chocolate chips and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Microwave additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Add 1/2 cup cream and stir until smooth. Chill for 25 minutes or until cool. In the meantime, crush cookie crumbs, lightly toast pecans in oven (350- watch closely!), chop nuts, and whip remaining cream until soft peaks. Mix nuts and crumbs into the chocolate mix. Fold in half of the whipped cream to the chocolate. Fold in remaining cream and mini chocolate chips. Use a cookie scoop to fill foil liners or chocolate dessert cups. Freeze 4-6 hours, up to a 2 weeks in advance. Let stand at room temperature for several minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.