OATMEAL RASPBERRY BARS
adapted from Allrecipes
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam (orig. calls for seedless, but I like seeds!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Rub in the butter and extract using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars. ENJOY!