Monday, May 23, 2011

Crab Stuffed Chicken and Crab Cakes


      
I had some crab that needed to be used up and some chicken, so I did my normal, look on the internet for a recipe.  I was not satisfied with any I found so opted to use the ingredients I had on-hand and make my own. This was delicious!  Tasted rich and felt like we were eating food fit for a king!  I had leftover crab, so I added 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and an egg white and made crab cakes. Next time I would also add some roasted red pepper for added flavor, but it was still excellent.  The crab was the star!  Picture of crab cakes on bottom.


CRAB STUFFED CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 oz softened cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups lump crab meat
  • 1 TBSP fresh parsley chopped fine
  • 1 shallot chopped fine
  • 1/2 TBSP butter
  • 8 ritz crackers crushed
  • sprinkle of salt and pepper
  • 4 large chicken breasts
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 2/3 cup white wine

DIRECTIONS:

Place chopped skillet and 1/2 TBSP butter in frying pan and cook until just beginning to brown and tender.  Mix together softened cream cheese, shallot, ritz cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and crab meat.  Set aside. (would also be great with some scallion in it.)

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 9x13 with cooking spray.  In a small bowl, whisk eggs.  In a separate bowl, place bread crumbs.  Cut slit in chicken and stuff a couple of TBSP of crab mixture in chicken.  Flatten to spread crab stuffing throughout slit and dredge in egg and then breadcrumbs and place in 9x13 pan.  Continue with each piece of chicken.  Divide TBSP or so of butter evenly in empty spaces in pan.  I sprinkled some shredded cheese over each breast too.  (Opt.)  Place in oven.  Cook for 10 minutes then pour in 1/2 cup of wine in 9x13.  Bake for another 25-30 minutes, until wine is bubbling and chicken is cooked through (will depend on initial thickness of chicken).  Don't overcook! you want the chicken tender and juicy.  Enjoy!

Crab Cakes

Follow above recipe for Crab Stuffing and add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, an egg white and some diced roasted red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment