CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (opt.- I leave out)
- tubinado sugar for topping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease twelve muffin cups. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together melted butter and sugars. Add buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add wet mixture and stir just to combine.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean. Bake 10-12 minutes for mini muffins.
Remove muffin tin to wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from tins to finish cooling.
Serve warm or completely cool. These muffins freeze well.