adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup any flavor fruit jam or nutella
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour and sugar slowly until well blended. Shape into a ball and chill overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry board. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares and place 1/2 tsp (approx) of jam or preserves. Overlap opposite corners and pinch together. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar.