Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mediterranean Crockpot Chicken Pasta


 My weekdays are crazy!  I am like a taxi service for my kids activities.  But really it is my fault.  Maybe overcompensating for homeschooling.  Wednesday and Thursdays are particularly difficult because we have church in the evening and worship practice.
 This meal was the brainchild of my insomnia.  That is when I get my most inspirational ideas.  I lay somewhere in between consciousness and unconsciousness and think of food.  Yes, I am a bit sick.  But I am thankful for the sickness, because yummy food comes out of it.  This meal was super easy-- went together in like 20 minutes total.  I love the crock, because while I am out playing taxi, it does the work.  You could always throw this in the oven for 35 minutes as an alternative.  One note: be careful not to overcook the chicken.  My crock is way hot and it got a little tough.  Part of me thinks it was the chicken... an old tough bird.  Either way, I just sopped the juices up with the chicken and it was still great. Mangi!!


MEDITERRANEAN CROCKPOT CHICKEN PASTA

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken
  • 1/2 cup olive bruschetta (I like Trader Joe's)
  • 1/2 cup quartered artichokes, drained
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 2 TBSP flour
  • handful of parsley, chopped
  • 1 lb. cooked pasta
  • 3/4cup-1 cup feta cheese
  • Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:

Place chicken in crock pot.  Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and then Italian seasoning.  Add in olive bruschetta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and wine.   Cook on low for 6 hours or 3-4 on high.  Cut chicken into chunks.  Push chicken to the side and add in 2 TBSP flour to thicken sauce a bit.  Stir.  Add in parsley.  Add cooked pasta to crock pot and stir.  Add feta and stir.  Put in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese liberally.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment