Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Bread (Starbucks)



I think my third pumpkin bread recipe that I have posted.  This recipe is the one I used to spawn off of for my "better than starbucks" recipe.

This is a great recipe for Pumpkin bread.  Not as good as the other I posted, but pretty darn good.  The texture was moist and flavor was very good.  I felt mine was a bit truer to the texture of starbucks, which is what I really wanted to nail.  Anyone else, would make this bread and say it was like starbucks...  I am a bit more picky than the average joe (who is that anyway!?), but this is a fantastic loaf.  Bonus is, it takes less time than "my version", so you can be enjoying pumpkin bread that much sooner. 



PUMPKIN BREAD
 adapted slightly from: likemotherlikedaughters

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3/4 cup canola oil (I sub. some drained applesauce)
  • 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seeds, optional or Streusel
 FOR THE STREUSEL (optional, this bread is still amazing without it)
  • 1/2 cup ( 127 grams) brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup (half a stick or 56 grams) unsalted butter, softened

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
Combine the flour, soda, powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
Beat the eggs, sugars and vanilla together in an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin and the oil and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, or streusel if desired.
Bake 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan 10 minutes, and then turn onto cooling rack to cool completely.
Cut into 8 thick slices for a Starbucks pumpkin experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment