Saturday, July 2, 2011

Banana Waffles


These are like banana bread in waffle form.  They were excellent waffles and I will definitely be making them again.  My 6 year old was  saying "MMMM!" with each bite and all my kids ate more than one waffle.  Very easy to make.
If you prefer a crisp waffle on the outside, maybe up the oil by a couple of TBSP.  But to me, they were great as they were.  Also, I added chocolate chip to a bunch and was kinda sorry I did.  It overwhelmed the wonderful banana flavor in them too much for me.  But my kids loved them both ways.  It is almost one o'clock and my house still smells like baking banana bread.  YUM!

This would be out of this world with a homemade brown sugar syrup with chopped pecans or walnuts in it. There is always next time!

 
BANANA WAFFLES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups flour (I did one whole wheat)
  • 3 TBSP sugar
  • 1 TBSP baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 TBSP canola oil
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (opt.)
DIRECTIONS: 

In a smal bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.  In a medium bowl, mash bananas.  Add eggs and vanilla and whisk.  Add oil and sugar and whisk.  Add milk and whisk.  Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk.  Add kitchen sink.  j/k  Add chocolate chips if desired.
Preheat waffle iron and let batter sit for a few minutes.  Stir and cook 'em up!  Made about 16 waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment