These were great burgers. Full of flavor and just plain good. Make' em up for a little twist on the normal burger for the holiday!
PESTO CHEESE STUFFED BURGERS
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 3 heaping TBSP prepared pesto
- 3 heaping TBSP diced roasted red peppers
- 4 slices provolone or mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- pesto mayo (mayo mixed with some pesto)
Mix ground meat, pesto and diced roasted red peppers. Tear cheese into 2" pieces. Make a very thin patty. Place cheese on patty, layering if needed and top with another thin patty closing the edges around the cheese. Continue and grill them up! Put on toasted roll, with some pesto mayo, a slice of tomato and a few basil leaves. YUM!