Friday, January 13, 2012

Chicken Salsa Bake


This may be the easiest meal I have ever made, but it is delicious!  I had to share because it is so simple and I know we all have nights where we scream for simple, quick, easy and delicious. You know, the nights where the husband calls and says he is going to be late, you have a pounding headache, and the 2 year old has himself intertwined in your legs saying, "Hold me!!!".  Oh wait, that's my night.  But I am sure you have yours! For even easier, keep some of the Uncle Ben's ready to eat rice in your pantry.  Pop in the microwave for 90 seconds and done.  Brace yourself for good food, and oh so easy! 

CHICKEN SALSA BAKE

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3-4 chicken breasts, halved in thickness
  • 1 1/2-2 cups salsa (I use store bought "fresh")
  • 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheddar or mexican cheese
  • rice
 


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350.  Place chicken in baking dish.  Top generously with salsa.  Bake for 20 minutes.   while baking prepare rice.  Remove from oven and top with cheese.  Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and begins to brown.  Serve over rice.  Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment