Friday, October 19, 2012

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas




 I LOVE BBQ pizza!  Really love it.  Problem is, I love regular pizza more.  So, if I can choose between the two, I will almost always choose regular. Sometimes I will have a slice of both. 

On the way home from church the other day, my husband asked if I could come up with a recipe for these.  This was completely his brain child, for which I am thankful.  I think my husband's looming deployment has taken the wind out of my sail, or caused a slow leak of creative juices for in the kitchen.  So, I took the inspiration and ran with it.  And boy was I pleased!

These are awesome. Gave me that "fix", as I was craving BBQ chicken pizza.  SUPER easy, and delicious.  I will be making these again and again as a quick family meal. 
Do not skip the sour cream bbq sauce mix.  It is amazing with these and would be on many other things as well!



BBQ CHICKEN QUESADILLAS

INGREDIENTS:
per quesadilla
  • 1/3 cups  chopped grilled BBQ chicken per quesadilla (about 4 chicken breasts total for all the quesadillas)
  • 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
  • few red onion slices
  • 1-2 TBSP sweet BBQ sauce
  • 1 TBSP fresh cilantro
  • avocado (opt.)
for the SOUR CREAM BBQ SAUCE:

Mix equal parts sour cream with BBQ sauce.


DIRECTIONS:

For our family, we used about 4 chicken breasts, 1/2 an onion, 2 cups of sharp cheddar and a handful of cilantro.  Dice chicken up to 1/4-1/2" dice.
 Preheat a large skillet (preferrably iron one) on med- med low.  

 If you would like, you can lightly butter the tortillas to prevent sticking.  Place a tortilla on and layer, cheese, then chicken, onion, cilantro, a bit more cheese and the drizzle of BBQ sauce. Top with another tortilla.  Cook until golden brown and carefully flip.  Cook the other side until golden.  Slice and serve topped with sour cream bbq sauce.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment