This is an oldie, but goodie. My mom's recipe. I made this for my brother and sister in law's wedding in massive portions and as I mingled with the crowd, I heard one person say, "I don't even like pasta salad, but this is delicious!". Quite honestly, I find many pasta salads are a bit bland and uninteresting. This has so much flavor and you get a bit of cheese in every bite. This is great for picnics and BBQ's. A great pasta salad!
adapted from Ann Czyz, my mom
- 1 box of Rotini (spirals)
- 1 large bunch broccoli (or 2 small)
- 1 cup small cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 can pitted black olives drained
- 2-3 carrots grated
- 2 TBSP. Salad Supreme (spice)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- Italian dressing (I make good seasons w/ balsamic vinegar and olive oil)
- (OPT.) sundried tomatoes, pepperoni and other veggies)
Cook pasta. Cut broccoli in bite size pieces and boil broccoli until just tender. Took about 4 minutes for mine. Drain and put on ice to cool. In a big bowl mix everything together. Sprinkle cheese carefully to help it separate as it will tend to clump together. I use an entire bottle of dressing and if I make it a day ahead, I need to add more right before serving as the pasta will absorb the dressing and it will be dry.