Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pasta Salad



This is an oldie, but goodie.  My mom's recipe.  I made this for my brother and sister in law's wedding in massive portions and as I mingled with the crowd, I heard one person say, "I don't even like pasta salad, but this is delicious!".  Quite honestly, I find many pasta salads are a bit bland and uninteresting.  This has so much flavor and you get a bit of cheese in every bite.   This is great for picnics and BBQ's.  A great pasta salad!

PASTA SALAD
adapted from Ann Czyz, my mom


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 box of  Rotini (spirals)
  • 1 large bunch broccoli (or 2 small)
  • 1 cup small cubed cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1 can pitted black olives drained
  • 2-3 carrots grated
  • 2 TBSP. Salad Supreme (spice)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
  • Italian dressing (I make good seasons w/ balsamic vinegar and olive oil)
  • (OPT.) sundried tomatoes, pepperoni and other veggies)

DIRECTIONS: 


Cook pasta.  Cut broccoli in bite size pieces and boil broccoli until just tender.  Took about 4 minutes for mine.  Drain and put on ice to cool. In a big bowl mix everything together.  Sprinkle cheese carefully to help it separate as it will tend to clump together.  I use an entire bottle of dressing and if I make it a day ahead, I need to add more right before serving as the pasta will absorb the dressing and it will be dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment