My mom made this pie every Thanksgiving as long as I can remember. It was the only one my brother would eat for along time. It may still be the only one he will eat. It is like a big cookie baked with a pie crust surrounding it. My kids love this pie, as about every kid would. It is easy to throw together and is certain to be a crowd pleaser.
NESTLE TOLL HOUSE COOKIE PIE
- unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup (6 oz.) Nestle semi sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 325° F. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.