Monday, November 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Waffles



These are excellent waffles.  Similar to my sweet potato pancakes, but obviously a waffle.  I love sneaking some power packed veggie in my kids food and this lets me do that.  I literally could not crank these our fast enough and every single one of the 14-16 this made were eaten this morning.  Next time I am doubling the recipe so I can stash some in the freezer.  Enjoy!

SWEET POTATO WAFFLES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 TBSP baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup sweet potato puree
  • 3 1/2 TBSP canola oil
  • 3 TBSP brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs, separated
DIRECTIONS:

Whisk dry ingredients except brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.  Whisk all wet ingredients and brown sugar, except egg whites, in a large bowl.  Whisk dry ingredients in wet until dry disappears.  Whisk or use mixer to mix egg whites to soft peak.  Gently fold into batter.  These seem to cook faster than any other waffle I have made (Bonus!), so check them before indicator light goes.  Serve with warm syrup, cinnamon butter or fresh berries!



No comments:

Post a Comment