Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread

050

I am so sick of being sick.  I feel like an elephant is sitting on my face.  Thought I was getting over it, but turns out I was wrong.  I know shocker.  I have absolutely no medical degree or background and my diagnosis of myself turned out to be wrong.  I may need to suck it up and go see someone with an actual medical degree... you know, those people who slaved at med school...Doctor's I think they call 'em.  I am to sick to care.

051I really wanted a bread with oatmeal and chocolate chips.  I tried one that sounded ubber promising and it turned out to be too dry to consume, and I even cooked it 5 minutes less than the suggested time.  Why anyone would put a recipe like that on a blog and say it was good is beyond me. 

 I found this recipe over at tasty kitchen.  The addition of bananas made it a winner.  Very moist and very tasty.  I would not say this makes 2 loaves.  I mean, I made 2 loaves, but they were not very big.  Next time, I will make one loaf and muffins with the rest. 

BANANA OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD  

adapted from: tastykitchen

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 cup Rolled Oats
  • ½ cups Organic Cane Sugar (I used reg.)
  • ½ cups Brown Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • 1-½ cup Buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 whole Eggs, Lightly Beaten
  • ¼ cups Butter, melted
  • 1 cup Ripe Bananas, Mashed (about 3 Medium)
  • ¾ cups Semi-sweet (or Dark!) Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9×5 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, vanilla and bananas. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pans, sprinkle with turbinado sugar, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: You can also use the batter to make muffins. You can make one loaf and use the remaining batter for muffins. The muffins will need to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment