Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



 I love banana bread, love peanut butter anything and love chocolate, so I knew this would be a winning combination.  If you are not expecting peanut butter, it makes it a bit of a surprise when you bite into this, but it was yummy.  The bread was very moist, and the peanut butter makes it stick to your ribs, as mama used to say. 
 Now, the original recipe does not call for any butter, making peanut butter the only fat in the bread.  I added a few TBSP of softened butter because I was too nervous not too.  It would probably have been fine without, but the neurotic in me just couldn't let it be, okay?!?  I have issues, I know. I mean obviously I have food issues, because I am a baking maniac. If you only knew the half of it.
 I also added stresel because my neurotic behavior doesn't let me make a bread without it.  If you are looking for a delicious, easy and a little bit out of the ordinary quick bread, then whip this up.  It's delish.

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD

adapted from: recipe girl

Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 2 TSBP butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Streusel Topping:
  • 3 TBSP soft butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour   

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans (or muffin tins) with nonstick spray.  In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 50 to 55 minutes (give it a check at 40 minutes), or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment