Saturday, January 15, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes



We used to do a big waffle or pancake breakfast on Sunday's.  But we have had to change it to Saturday's because we often have to be at church early for worship and it makes Sunday mornings a little too crazy.  So I bought some lowfat buttermilk this week and decided to make some homemade buttermilk pancakes this morning.  We did some plain, some with choc. chips and some with fresh blueberries.  They were all delicious and the kids were asking for seconds before I even got a chance to start eating.
I took the recipe form my friends Cristine's blog.  I have made a ton of her recipes and her stuff is always fantastic.  I did add a couple tbsp. more of buttermilk than the recipe called for because I like a thinner batter.  I also added a tsp. of vanilla and a touch more sugar.  Hard for me to follow a recipe completely.  These will not disappoint!


http://cristinecooks.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-buttermilk-pancakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment