I love to change up the kinds of food I make every now and then. And I do enjoy Mexican food. So, why not enchilada? I have made these for years This time I had bought a new kraft cheese and it did not really melt. Kinda scary. Hence the picture. But it did still taste good. So, I apologize about the lack of melted cheese, but I assure you, it still tastes great. I recently discovered, thanks to my in-laws, that non-fat, plain greek yogurt can make a lovely substitute for sour cream. I have made it with both and it still is great. And it is so much more figure friendly with the yogurt. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic powder
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 small can chopped chilies (opt.)
- 1 cup light sour cream or nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 cans or one large jar enchilada sauce (I use mild)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 tortillas (I use whole wheat)
In a large bowl mix cooked onion, shredded chicken, 1 cup cheddar, 1 cup sour cream, green chilies and sprinkle of garlic powder. Mix together. If more moisture is still needed add more sour cream.
Pour sauce over and top with cheese and sliced black olives too, if you like. Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly. Serve with beans and rice.