Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bean Salad


My grandmother made this salad last week and it was so good.  Not something I would think to put together, but amazingly good.  My grandmother adds wax beans sometimes, and you could add any veggie or beans you like.  Vibrant flavors and so good for you!  Very versatile.  Super easy side dish that comes together in minutes!


BEAN SALAD

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1-2 cups steamed green beans
  • 1 can Tri-color beans (black, kidney and pinto)
  • 1 can great northern beans
  • 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1 cup red pepper diced finely (I used roasted red, because I had no fresh)
  • 2-3 garlic cloves minced
  • 2-3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 TBSP olive oil
  • 2 TBSP fresh parsley or basil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS:

Drain and rinse beans.  Put everything in a bowl and mix.  Let sit for a bit to allow flavors to meld.  Can serve room temperature, or can chill and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment