Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pesto Crock Pot Chicken


I have to be creative with my evening meals because my kids have lots of events in the evenings.  Karate 2x per week, Dance 4x, gymnastics 2x, piano 1x and church 2x... whew!  Because this cuts into my evening meal prep time, I will be doing some creative crock pot cooking.
This was a very tasty dish.  My son said he didn't like artichokes by themselves but they were good when he ate it with the rest of the dish.  My husband said it was "zesty" and "good"....  how are those for descriptive words?  Anyway, it was very good, and my kids all ate it very well, which is the true test! 


CROCK POT PESTO CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 TBSP minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes drained
  • 1 can quartered artichokes drained
  • 3/4 cup pesto, divided
  • 2-3 TBSP cream
  •  handful parmesan cheese
  • couple handfuls of mozzarella
  • 1 lb. pasta
DIRECTIONS:

Place chicken, cream cheese, garlic and wine in crock pot.  Put in 1/4 cup pesto in.  Cover, turn on high.   After an hour, turn the chicken, and stir sauce. Let cook another hour (2 hours total so far).  Cut chicken into chunks.
Add artichokes, tomatoes, cream and remainder of pesto. Let cook for another 1/2 hour, stirring periodically.  Add parmesan cheese and mozzarella to top.  Cover and let cook another 1/2 hour without stirring.  Serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment