This soup is very yummy! We enjoyed it for 2 nights. Full of flavor and we all enjoyed it! Our friends mixed some fresh salsa as well. We added all the toppings. A great soup!
CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
adapted from: realmomkitchen.com
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can mexicorn (or 10 oz bag frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I like red)
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- salt and pepper
- 1 10.75-ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped roughly
In a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup. Add chopped cilantro just before serving. Top with cheddar or pepper jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and/or fresh cilantro.