Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Girl's Dip (Black Bean, Corn and Feta Dip)



I am not sure what to call this.  My cousin Michelle made this for me last December.  I call it "girl's dip" because so far I have not met a guy who likes it, but all the girls love it.  It is the perfect mix of sweet and  salty.   I am sure it sounds like a bizarre combination, but it is so good and I crave this stuff.  I made it this week because my hubby is in the field playing army.  It is my lunch and dinner while he is gone.  Well, that and coffee milkshakes. 
Well, all joking aside, this is a super easy recipe and for me, super addicting, and it is for girl's only! 

GIRL'S DIP (BLACK BEAN CORN AND FETA DIP)
from: Michelle Pierce

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed well and drained
  • 1 can Shoepeg corn (a white tender corn)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil (I do more like 1/3cup)
  • about 1 cup of feta cheese (to taste, I like a lot)
DIRECTIONS:

Mix it all in a bowl.  This gets better as it sits.  Dip with tortilla chips.  Chill leftovers and it lasts a week or more.  Give it a stir every once and awhile while you are dipping.  Sometimes I dump off some of the liquid when it is about half gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment