Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coffee Milkshake



When I was pregnant for my first baby, we were stationed at Fort Huachuca and we lived in Sierra Vista, AZThere was a little place, hole in the wall really, that had the most amazing coffee shake in the world.  I watched them make it and tried to figure it out.
Lots of vanilla ice cream, a shot of espresso and maybe some milk and a sprinkle of espresso powder and shot of vanilla.  It tasted amazing!  Well, I don't have an espresso machine (*sigh*- someday) so I used some strong coffee instead.  This shake is very yummy and I had to fight all 4 of my kids for it!  Seriously, how many 2 years like the flavor of coffee?  Well, maybe lots, but mine normally does not.  But I had to pry his chubby little fingers off my glass to get it back.
Everytime I make coffee I have a bit left.  So ideas...Through it in an ice tray and make coffee ice cubes for iced coffee or toss them in for this shake.  Or just put it in the fridge for making this  shake later in the day for a pick me up. 

You could use coffee flavored ice cream if you want, but this had plenty of coffee flavor with the vanilla ice cream.  This will definitely do until we make it bake to Sierra Vista.

COFFEE MILKSHAKE
 
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups ice cream
  • 3/4-1 cup coffee, chilled
  • 1/2 tsp espresso powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring, or extract or cocoa powder
DIRECTIONS: 

Put it all in a blender and crank it up.  Start with 3/4 cup of coffee and  add more to get to preferred consistency.  Pour in a glass, go in the bathroom and lock the door so the kids don't bother you.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment