Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lemon Rosemary Chicken



My pictures are pathetic.  I have a huge rosemary plant on my back porch and I didn't think to get any.  It was dark outside and I was rushing to get a shot of this, while talking to my husband, who was on his way home and sick.  All this equals bad picture.  Oh well.  It still tasted great.
This is a chicken dish my mom made when I was growing up that I jazzed up a tad.  She would slice the potatoes and deep fry them and then bake them with the chicken.  I tried to make it a little lighter by just baking the potatoes with the chicken.  This dish has lots of flavor and is super easy.  My prep time to get it in the oven was less than 15 minutes.  A great meat and potatoes meal.  Easy and tasty!

LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (bone-in and skin on)
  • zest of 1-2 lemons
  • 2 TBSP dry rosemary or 4-5 springs fresh, pulled from stems
  • 4-5 lemons
  • 1-2 TBSP olive oil
  • 1-2 tsp seasoning salt
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tsp minced garlic (I used garlic garlic by Tastefully Simple)
  • 2 1/2 lbs potatoes 
  • 1-2 cups frozen peas
DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375.  Place chicken in baking pan/dish and dice potatoes into 1" dice.  Add potatoes to pan.  Drizzle chicken and potatoes with olive oil.  Squeeze lemons over chicken and potatoes.  Add zest and toss potatoes and coat chicken with juice and oil.  Wash hands and season potatoes with seasoning salt and fresh pepper.  Sprinkle garlic over chicken.  Cover and bake for 45 minutes-1 hour.  Uncover and cook another 15 minutes.  Add peas and toss to coat peas and to turn potatoes for even browning.  Cook another 30-45 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked through and potatoes are beginning to brown.  Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
*I personally don't eat the skin, but you can broil for a few minutes to crisp it up if you like the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment