Monday, April 23, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Waffles


 


I am going to keep this short, because frankly, I am getting tired of typing and have to feed my kids some lunch.  These waffles are easy, so good, and makes a ton, so you can probably freeze some (unless you are feeding a small army, like me :-).  You can even make them when you are half asleep, like I did.  And if you want to take some really awful pictures of them, like I did, great!  Have at it!  But do make sure you eat a few.


PUMPKIN SPICE WAFFLES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 TBSP baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 3 TBSP butter, melted
  • 3 TBSP brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups milk
DIRECTIONS:

Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  Add melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.  Whisk just a tiny bit.  Add the milk and whisk until you can't see any more flour.  Use a measuring cup or ladle to put on waffle iron.  Let cook until a deep golden brown.  Top with syrup, and pecans, or berries and whipped cream (and syrup).

No comments:

Post a Comment