Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lemon Crumb Muffins



Don't pretend you don't want to lick your screen.  So, in the search for a muffin recipe to make for church on Sunday, I found this recipe on my friend Cristine's blog.  I tweaked a tiny bit, but not too much.  These were fabulous muffins.  They have a dense crumb, almost like a good pound cake, and are so lemony.  And they have the two things I love. . . the crumb and the glaze!!  UH- my- ga! (valley girl)

And can I just say, I love muffin tops.  The kind that comes from the top of muffins, but not the kind that hangs over my pants, although they are likely connected.

Super, lemolicious (yes, I just made that word up) muffins.  YA-UMMM!

LEMON CRUMB MUFFINS
recipe adapted from: cristinecooks
makes 20

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 cups AP flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cups sour cream
  • 1 cups butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 TBSP lemon zest
  • 1 TBSP lemon juice
Streusel:
  • 1/2 cup AP flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 TBSP cold butter
Glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon zest, and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or papered muffin tins 2/3 full.

In a small bowl combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Mix together glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment