Monday, March 28, 2011

Soft Gingersnap Cookies



I love ginger!  Love, love, love!  My husband only likes it in sweets, but I love it in everything!  I like the heat it can bring and the general spiciness of it.  I saw these on two peas and their pod's website, and using a few other recipes, made my own.  These were delicious and were buttery, yet packed with ginger flavor. Yum, yum, and yum!
The key to keeping them soft is almost under cooking them. Let them cool a little on the baking sheet until they are movable.  If you like a crisp gingersnap, or needed crisper ones for a recipe, you could cook them until they are browned.  But I like my cookies soft and chewy. 

SOFT GINGERSNAP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups plus 2 TBSP AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • pinch fresh grated nutmeg
  • 3/4 c. unsalted butter, room temp.
  • 1 c. light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • white sugar to roll cookies in
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. 
Whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt and spices in bowl.
With mixer, combine softened butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes.  Add in egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Add in molasses and mix until combined. 

With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture slowly and mix until the flour disappears.  Form dough into TBSP size balls and roll into white sugar and place on cookie sheets a few inches apart.  (Can flatten with hand if you want flatter cookies like I did) 
Bake for 8 minutes and no longer.  Remove from oven and let them sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment