Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chocolate Crepes (Strawberries & Cream or Nutella & Banana)



There is not much better in life that a warm crepe filled with nutella.  I remember having them while my husband and I were in Paris and I was in heaven.  Those and the chocolate croissants!  Oh my!  I will never understand why French women are skinny. 
I knew last night I wanted to make crepes, and was going to do traditional ones, but then I thought chocolate.  Everything is better with chocolate right?  These crepes were delicious.  I kinda winged the recipe based on regular crepes and was very happy with the results.  I loved that they cooked in about 30 seconds to a minute so my kids got seconds and thirds before they could through fits.  My daughter loved the nutella and banana variety and my husband's favorite was the strawberries and cream.  I liked them all and really just wanted to wrap myself in a giant one. 
These are not hard, but just be prepared, the first one may be sacrificial.  Pan has to be screaming hot. I make these on an iron skillet but imagine you could use a nonstick.  They are very delicate though, so be gentle. You could also serve these a dessert,but I love them for breakfast.   Enjoy!


CHOCOLATE CREPES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 eggs, room temp
  • 4 TBSP Melted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup milk 
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 6 TBSP powdered sugar
  • pinch salt
DIRECTIONS:
Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Place all wet ingredients in food processor and then the dry ingredients, and pulse 10-15 times, until mixed well.  Chill for at least an hour, but better if overnight (let all the air out).  Get skillet screaming hot, best if iron skillet.  Ladle batter on and swirl the pan to distribute the batter evenly into a circle.  The first one is a sacrificial one.  Serve hot with nutella and bananas, or strawberries and cream and powdered sugar, or with syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment