Monday, March 19, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread

What's in a name you say?  Well, everything!  If the title of this pretty little loaf isn't enough to make you drool,  then a taste will do the job.  I have some bananas I am forbidding my family to eat just so I can make another loaf.  I am craving this bread.  Like, it is my oasis in the desert... or, er.. dessert.  
Love the sugar on top...  made it glittery and so tasty!
I saw this on pinterest, of course, like half the recipes I make, and I was pretty smitten at the idea.  I adore banana bread, love peanut butter and you all know I could live on chocolate.  So, put this combo together, and I am one happy and fat girl.  Only like 200 squats, 30 minutes of cardio and a killion (yeah, my kids made up that number and use it regularly...  I am doing a bang up job homeschooling, no?) crunches to work it off.  Speaking of schooling, I suppose I should shut up and go do some of that.  Break's over.  Time to grab a hunk of bread and some milk and make my kids work while I stuff my face.

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD

adapted from: cookiesandcups.com

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups
  • turbinado sugar for topping

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour, or spray with baking spray, a loaf pan.  In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.  In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg, vanilla, sour cream and sugars.  Dump in dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.  Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Place on cooling rack and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully loosen the edges of the loaf with a knife and remove to a cooling rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment