Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookie



When I first saw these in my cookbook, they did not appeal to me.  I am not sure if it was the photo that turned me off, or just the idea.  My husband asked me to make them, so I did.  That was many years ago and I have made them a ton of times since.  They are fabulous.
They are like a raisinette with cookie.  The difference is the semisweet chocolate makes them a little richer.  So, that gave me the idea, to maybe try them with milk chocolate chips next time.  And then also to make a raisinette cookie sometime too.  Yum!
These are not at all like a oatmeal raisin cookie.  Lighter and almost delicate.  They have a slight crunch on the edges and are chewy in the middle.  A really great cookie!


CHOCOLATE CHIP RAISIN COOKIES
from Mrs. Fields- Best Ever Cookie Book!
yield:4-4.5 dozen

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 sticks salted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups raisins
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS: 
Preheat oven to 300.  Whisk flour and baking power together in small bowl and set aside.  Whisk sugars together and add butter.  Beat until grainy, scraping down sides of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat at med. speed until smooth and fluffy.  Add flour, chocolate chips and raisins and blend on low until just combined.  Do not overmix.
Rounded TBSP's and place 1.5" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Longer because they are cooking at a lower temp.  They will not brown much because it is a low temp.  Transfer to cool flat surface to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment