Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad


Strawberries were 4/$5 this week at our local supermarket.  I bought 5!  So I am using them in lots of recipes so I can go buy more before the weeks end!
This is one of my all time favorite salads.  It is just so good, I find myself treating it like a dessert.  Pretty easy and packed full of good stuff.  A wonderful and refreshing salad for upcoming summer.

STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 lbs. baby spinach
  • 1 qt. strawberries sliced
  • candied pecans or walnuts (Opt.)
DRESSING:
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 TBSP sesame seeds
  • 1 TBSP poppy seeds
  • 1 TBSP finely diced red onion 
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
DIRECTIONS:

Place spinach and strawberries and nuts in large salad bowl.  Whisk all ingredients in dressing together.  Just before serving, pour 1/2 of dressing over salad and toss.  (Start with 1/2 of dressing and add more as desired/needed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment