Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Casserole



This is a good quick dinner.  I had a roaster chicken and used about half of it for this meal.  It went together in less than 15 minutes.  It does not qualify as mexican to me, but is a normal cream soup casserole.  Tasty and quick.  We threw some sour cream and fresh salsa up on top and it was very tasty.  Not incredible, but very good. The tortillas were the best part, so use lots! My kids gobbled it up.  I love me a quick meal!



CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE

  • 12 dz. corn tortillas (I used whole wheat about 10)
  • 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 can green chilies
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Request)
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS: 


Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Tear tortilla's into bite size pieces and spread into greased pan.  Spread chopped chicken over shells.  Mix chilies, creamed soups, broth and green onions in bowl and half the cheese.  Pour over chicken.  Top with remaining cheese.  Bake @ 350 for 1 hr.  (I cooked for 1/2 hour covered then removed foil though I don't think it was necessary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment