Monday, February 28, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts



If someone asked me if I liked brussels sprouts a week ago, I would surely wrinkle my nose and tell them no.  However, upon further reflection I realized I have never actually tasted one.  So,  I set out to make some.  Roasted, because everything tastes better that way.  I am now happy to say, I like brussels sprouts!

After roasting they take on a nutty flavor and are tender on the inside with a crunch on the outside.  So, if you think you don't like brussels sprouts, go out, get some and try this.  You may be surprised, as I was, to find you like them!


ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

INGREDIENTS:
  • extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • salt and pepper
  • splash balsamic vinegar
  • container of brussels sprouts or 1.5 lbs



DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400.

Peel outer layer off brussels sprouts and cut off bottom and half.  Place in bowl and drizzle with evoo (couple tbsps), a heavy pinch of kosher salt, a grind of fresh pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar.  Toss to coat and pour onto a baking sheet.  Place in preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes, until brown and tender.  Could also add some garlic to roasting process and/or sprinkle with parm cheese at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment